Terms and Conditions
By booking one of our services you specifically accept the following booking conditions
set by Oak SRL. This website is managed by Oak SRL.
1- General booking conditions: you can consider an apartment booked ONLY after receiving our booking confirmation. Filling in a form, even if you provide your credit card’s details, or calling us or sending us an e-mail or a fax it is not enough to consider an apartment booked.
- When you book a property you specifically accept our Cancellation Policy and state that you have read and understood the description of the property, and that it is of your liking.
- This refers especially (but not only) to the dates (check the number of nights) and prices that have been specified by both parties. Clients are responsible for inserting their data correctly when they make a booking (traveling dates, email address, phone numbers, etc). We therefore advise you to double-check the conditions before reserving a property.
- We do not accept reservations of people who rent the apartments for illegal activities or to invite escorts during the stay.
- The extra services announced by Oak srl are managed by companies independent from Oak srl; therefore Oak srl is not responsible for the quality or the overall carrying out of the service provided by those companies, nor for any mistakes of the information advertised by Oak srl. These extra services include, for example, pick-up services, language/cooking lessons, massages, guided tours and any other service that may be advertised.
- The apartments are booked upon the payment of a reservation deposit. The balance has normally to be paid in CASH in Euro on your arrival.
- After receiving your reservation deposit and after having checked that the apartment may still be booked we will send you a "Booking confirmation" e-mail; at that stage your booking will be fully confirmed, not before.
- When you book a property please make sure that you receive and print our "Booking confirmation" e-mail with the exact address of the apartment and the phone number of the person that you will meet in the
apartment. There will be no refunds if you do not find the apartment due to the
fact that you did not bring the "Booking confirmation" with those data with you.
- If you do not receive a booking confirmation within 48 hours, please contact our main office to enquire about your reservation. We would like to emphasise that even if a booking has already been confirmed, the confirmation e-mail might not arrive sometimes due to failures of the sender's or the receiver's email account. You may check your booking by doing the login in our website (http://www.italyrents.com/secure/pannello_cliente.asp) with the e-mail that you used when you booked. Please notice that once you have inserted your data on our website (including your credit card details), you may not cancel a booking, even if you have not received the booking confirmation email yet. If you cancel at any time, all the payments that you have made will be held, and you will not receive any refunds.
If you book by credit card: we do not charge your credit card at the time you give us your credit card details, but only when we know that the owner is holding the apartment for you. At that time we will send you the booking confirmation. The credit card’s details are kept secretly within the “Banca Sella” safe server. For safety reason we do not see the number of your credit card. If you book by a bank wire: you will be asked to pay an extra fee of 30 Euro (regardless of the amount of your booking) because bank wire data treatment requires more work from our staff. Please note that a bank wire needs more time than the credit card to be processed, so someone else could book the property you have chosen by credit card before you do. We therefore encourage payments by credit card.
This is the standard booking procedure:
A) Use the search box to verify the availability;
B) Choose the apartment that you like most;
C) Fill in the reservation forms and choose the payment method (we encourage payments by credit card);
D) Wait for our booking confirmation. Only at this stage you can consider the apartment booked by you.
2 - Check-in/check-out times
On the day of your arrival you will be met at the apartment - there will be someone waiting for you when you arrive, so we need to know your flight details or your expected arrival time at the apartment well in advance. If we know your flight details we can check whether your flight is on time or not. If you do not provide us your arrival time there will be NOBODY waiting for you. Unless otherwise stated, the earliest check-in time is 14:00 and the latest check-out time is 10:00 a.m. However, if possible, you may check-in and check-out at the time which is more convenient to you (just ask us).
3 - Cancellation policy:
a) IF YOU CANCEL
b) IF WE CANCEL
- If you have booked by sending a reservation deposit, all payments will be forfeited should you cancel at any time, for any reasons. We do NOT refund the reservation deposit; the amount of the reservation deposit varies according to the apartment and the length of your stay, if you want to know how much that amount is, just try to book an apartment: our system will show you the exact amount (after the registration step).
- If you reduce the length of your stay once a property is booked, the already charged amount will not be refunded in proportion to the nights cancelled. If you reduce your stay before 48 hours of your arrival, the balance to be paid it will be in proportion to the night that you will use, but if you reduce your stay after that time the balance should be paid in full. If you change your travel dates completely, your booking will be considered as cancelled.
- Please note that our apartments have a minimum stay. You may not book a property for a period shorter than the minimum stay required.
If you book a property and after a while you reduce the lenght of your stay, this stay could not be shorter than the minimum stay required. If you need to stay for a shorter period you will be required to pay for the number of nights that stand for the minimum stay required.
- Cancellation of one or more nights during your stay: once you have checked in the apartment and paid the balance due upon arrival, if you decide to shorten your stay and cancel one or more nights, no refunds for the cancelled nights will be granted.
- Clients are strongly recommended to ensure they have suitable travel insurance arranged at the time of booking.
- In the rare occasions in which unforeseen circumstances make the apartment booked by you unavailable, you will be given the choice of staying in an apartment of similar characteristics and price.
- If conditions inherent to us unable our staff to provide you with another apartment (as specified in the previous point), your reservation deposit will be fully returned to you, and Oak srl will have no further liability.
However, we would like to highlight the fact that the Oak srl staff commit themselves to providing you with the apartment you have booked, and the events described above are both rare and unlikely.
4. Security deposit:
5 - Apartment conditions:
- For some apartments a security deposit is strictly required. This amount will be fully refunded upon check out, provided everything is in order. Generally the security deposit has to be paid on your arrival in cash (in Euro) together with the balance.
- Please note that the reservation deposit is not the security deposit. The first one is needed to reserve the property, the second one (which will be refunded in full upon check out, provided everything is in order) is needed to prevent any damage on the property.
- Whoever does the check-in is responsible for the security deposit. Should there be any problems with this deposit, that person should be contacted. Oak srl is not responsible for how the security deposit may be dealt with.
6 - Apartment descriptions:
- The apartment will be clean and ready to for your stay upon your arrival, and will be cleaned once your vacation is over.
- You are expected to leave the flat in the same conditions in which you found it. No damage is to be done to the property, the furniture and all the things inside the apartment. If you find something broken/not working properly in your accommodation please report it to the owner of the apartment as soon as possible (please find her/his number on your booking confirmation). The owner of the apartment is responsible of solving problems related to the functionality of the apartment. Neither the owner nor Oak srl can not be held responsible for any inefficiency if reported too late (e.g. at the end of your stay). The group leader, whose name appears in the booking confirmation, is the responsible person for the behaviour of her/his party.
- If there are insufficiencies in the apartment, the client has to directly contact the owner of the apartment, who is entirely responsible for the state of the apartment.
- The keys are collected in the apartment at the time of your check-in and they are given back to the owner or one of her/his representative.
- The apartment descriptions have been made truthfully and describe the apartments accurately.
- All information (including photos) provided is correct at the time of writing and updated when informed. However, we have the right to make changes to this information and will warn you about these changes when you book the property or when we are informed of these changes.
- Any differences found between the actual apartment and the description are due to occasional changes carried out by the owner, and Oak srl cannot be responsible for these rare variations.
7 - Pets: Unless differently stated in the resort description, pets of any kind and size are not accepted.
8 - Number of people: clients cannot bring a party, including children, that exceeds the number of people stated in the booking confirmation.
9 - Thefts/damages:
- Oak srl is not responsible for any theft against his clients. Regarding this, we suggest underwriting travel insurance.
- Oak srl is not responsible for any damage caused to the belongings of our clients and/or to our clients.
- Oak srl is not responsible for damages caused by the clients in the apartments.
- The owner of the apartment, and not Oak srl , is responsible for the good functioning of the apartment and its appliances.
10 - Privacy:
All the customer information is strictly private and shall be used within office limits according to the the D.lgs. n. 196 of the 30th June 2003 ("Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali") [click here for complete text]
. No addresses, phone numbers, etc of yours will be granted to outsiders, and all your data will be treated secretly to ensure customer privacy.
11 - Applicable law:
These booking conditions are subject to the Italian law. In case of any dispute the court of Rome will be the only competent body.
We reserve the right to make changes to parts of this document